“Sustainable Livelihood Development through Micro-enterprises”
KIRAN aims to provide microenterprise development training and support systems to help members of SHG and their associations (SABLA) (SABLA is a block level association of SHGs) in the selected 54 villages of Varanasi and Mirzapur districts.
The project objectives:
- Empowering PWDs and their families through Self help Groups to be contributing members of mainstream special emphasis on girl and women.
- Support SHGs, PWDs, their families and other needy people to set-up small enterprises
- Empower SABLA Association to strengthen SHG and establish Enterprises
- Increase access to microcredit for microenterprise start-up
It is envisioned that, after 3 years, the activities launched through this project will continue to operate and expand independent of any KIRAN involvement. There are 3 aspects to the projects sustainability:
(1) Robust businesses are inherently sustainable. The individual microenterprises established through the project will continue to function, to generate income, and to create jobs after the end of the project.
(2) By working with and through community-based women’s associations that are accustomed to operating businesses, KIRAN will strengthen their capacity to provide ongoing support to their members who have started their own businesses.
(3) SABLA or Village level SHG groups are intended to provide a forum for entrepreneurs to continue to share their experience and to provide peer-to-peer business mentoring without the involvement of an outside organization. Association will be made up of both experienced and new entrepreneurs. New entrepreneurs will be able to seek guidance from more experienced entrepreneurs.